We’ve arrived at the final set of survey questions for this round. Phew. These are the questions that didn’t seem to fit thematically in any of the other surveys. I wish I had a snappy title for it, but I ended up going with the obvious. Okay, maybe not that obvious.
You can answer here or anonymously at Survey Monkey
- Do you think you would have performed better academically if you hadn’t devoted part of your brain power to performing “normally”?
- What [stereo]typical ASD trait you lack would you want to have? Eg maths genius 😉
- Do you have a job or volunteer activity that you are particularly suited to because of your autism?
- Do you group letters on things like signs and license plates until you can get an even number?
- What can’t you still believe everyone doesn’t think?
- If you are interested in something typical for your gender (e.g. fashion for girls) are you interested in a different way? (e.g. hats not shoes or historical costume rather than being “bang on trend”)
- Do you think some of the appeal of a favourite subject/special interest is that immersion in a topic acts as priming making it easier and more comfortable to remember and think about it? Do you have trouble remembering facts on demand for other subjects you aren’t spending time on even though you know it and find it interesting?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating when listening to radio/audio drama?
- What was the most helpful thing after you received your diagnosis? Why?
- Do you dislike wearing jewellery?